Thursday, August 12, 2010

Praying Mantises

Yesterday I went out to water my flowers. They were looking a little dry. In turning on the hose, I saw this little guy scrambling away from the droplets of water. I had seen a much smaller praying mantis earlier this year and thought, "oh, cute. He's all grown up now."


As I continued to water, trying somewhat to avoid this guy because he obviously didn't enjoy the bath, I then discovered this guy.


I called them both boys, but now I'm now calling them husband and wife. What a lovely family! Aren't we lucky!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! So good to hear from you. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE these pictures! They are just so vivid and beautiful.
    You are such a great photographer. I'm totally jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I was watching bees in the flowers with Abigail this last week and really wished I had your skills. How is it that bugs can be so beautiful?

    ReplyDelete