Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Coolest Thing I've Done This Week

Today I would like to share the coolest thing I've done this week. Inspired by The Office.

Some background.

There's this episode of the office where there is a newly installed police radar gun outside the Dunder-Mifflin building complex. It seems drivers were going a little too fast for Angela (surprise, surprise!). So, after many 911 phone calls by Miss Martin, the police finally installed a radar gun. But, as Pam explains, “it’s probably caused more traffic problems”. Why you ask? It seems the staff has found a new way to kill time. Racing, on foot, past the radar gun to see how fast they are running. Michael clocks in at 12 miles an hour. He screams, “beat that Carl Lewis!” Then we see Dwight take his turn. He clocks in at 13 miles an hour. Now Michael is peeved! It’s Oscar’s turn next, but Michael jumps in front of him to steal his turn and try to beat Dwight. Just then a car goes by and the radar gun clocks it at 31 miles an hour. Of course, Michael claims this speed as his own. And because he’s the boss and  because he is Michael, game over!

I've always loved this clip. When I recently discovered a radar gun in my own neighborhood, I knew my chance had come! I took Jeremy up with my camera and we commenced. We ran down the street. We weren't prepared to run while cars actually passed by. If we had been, our speeds would have been much higher than what follows.

Maybe next time.

And there will be a next time.




Beat THAT Michael Scott!

1 comment: