Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Jackson's First Christmas

I fully understood that Jackson wouldn't remember his first Christmas and that we didn't need to make a big deal about it and spend lots of money on him. And then I realized something. He wouldn't remember, but he would expect to look back at pictures when he was older and see what he had done. The pursuit for the perfect picture began.

First, I knew I had to have a Santa picture. Everyone needs to have their picture taken with Santa. We had an amazing Santa helper that came to our house so I could take pictures. When he left Jeremy tried to look at the pictures I had taken and there were none. I hadn't put my memory card back in my camera. Santa was nice enough to come back again! Thank you Santa. Truly a Saint!




Second, my mom once had a doll, her "Suzanne doll." She had a pretty Christmas outfit. She was a large doll. When I was a baby, she took the outfit off Suzanne and put it on me for Christmas. My uncles still talk about that night and how cute I looked (as if anything has changed).  Jackson is about the same age I would have been around Christmas. My mom was nice and found the outfit and we dressed Jackson up to continue the tradition.



(my uncle that once held me in the same outfit!)


Third, my family would always read Luke 2 together on Christmas Eve, as I 'm sure many others do as well. We would always act it out when we were little. (I was sometimes frustrated that as the only daughter, I always had to play Mary. Sometimes I just wanted to be a shepherd!) Since Jackson is a baby, what better part for him to play than baby Jesus! We got dressed up and took the picture.




I'm pretty excited about the great results I got this year and the future memories Jackson will be able to see.

Next year we'll see if we can get a crying picture with Santa and life will pretty much be complete. :)



2 comments:

  1. So fun. This is awesome! Now we just need to see the picture of you in that doll outfit. Jackson is so adorable. I just want to pinch his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete