Monday, January 23, 2012

Temple Photos Market?

Someone suggested to me that I could sell images of the temple that I have photographed on etsy. I'm not an "etsy person." I don't know how things like that really work. I don't know if there's a market out there for these photos.  Could I sell just the file and the customer could print it themselves? How do you ensure copyright after something like that?

I'm not asking if you would buy my photos, I'm asking what you know about this stuff. Extra cash flow earned for doing something I love could always be nice. :)


3 comments:

  1. This will be a useless comment since I am providing exactly the opposite of what you asked for... I would buy your photographs... they are gorgeous! (I know nothing about etsy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could definitely just sell the file. My friend Daisy sells her illustrations on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/mogencreative?ref=ss_profile), and she typically just sends a file rather than the actual image. I'm not sure at all about how copyright works, but if you wanted to email and ask her (mention me), I'm sure Daisy could fill you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know that you can sell just the file as a download, but like Tamsin said, make sure you have all the copyright listed on the site. My husband is an attorney and I can ask if he knows how to do all that legal mumbo jumbo. I totally want the one with the lanterns. And if you have any of the LA temple...or if you want to take a trip out to the coast...Oh, and if you want to head out to western Nebraska (and who doesn't?) I am dying to have you photograph my little family. You are amazing! I'm rambling, sorry.

    ReplyDelete