Monday, June 13, 2016

Rooster Fin game night!

I was lucky enough to be chosen to host a game night for rooster Fin games. There are 3 games. We made not just a night out of laying them, but a weekend as we were in vacation together and could continue to play. The following is my evaluation of the 3 games.

Pong Cano
There is an element of skill (and luck) to is game so we enjoyed getting competitive to see who would win by bouncing the ball into the volcano to win the chips. Sometimes we'd all bounce it just right and sometimes no one could get it. This game can be played with as few as 2. Though there are a limited number of chips, you could easily use coins for more players.

Turtle Flip
Probably my least favorite. There isnt much you can do as far as skill in this game. It's the luck of the draw. Whoever has the highest number at the end wins. While not as much fun for adults, my 4 year old son liked playing and seeing if he could get the highest. It was good number practice for him.

Monkeys Up
I played this one previous to this weekend with my sons also. It was fun for them, though they didn't grasp the full concept. It wasn't my favorite until I played it with other adults. Then the strategy really picked up and it was fun and challenging. You try to get the highest score on monkeys. Don't flip over your highest scores to keep them secret, try to steal your opponents' high numbers.


Sorry my photos won't load.

3 comments: