Monday, August 17, 2009

The Freedom Trail

These are pictures taken along the Freedom Trail. I'm realizing I don't have much of the actual historical things found along it, but you're probably not interesting in those anyway.

First up: be grateful for our awful roads because it could be worse.


"That's where the Boston Massacre took places," Jeremy says while pointing at the center of the road.

Old North Bridge: leads to where "The Shot Heard Around the World" occurred.


Where everybody knows your name!


Interesting how the Bunker Hill Monument looks like the Washington Monument (which you'll see later). The experience was quite different, though. This consists of 294 steps. All of which you climb yourself. I don't consider myself a wimp, but it kicked me! The stairs are numbered so you know how close you're getting to the top. You start out great and you start getting tired and think you must be at least half way up by now and turns out you're only on step 75! I tell ya, though, coming down was even worse. Our legs were shaking from the experience and it hurt to climb and go down stairs for days after. The view was pretty though. Good thing I had the camera because Jeremy says he's never doing it again.




This is how pews were really done back in the day. It wasn't just a row. People actually had their names on their pew. I bet people got just as offended in church if someone took their pew as they do today!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!! Looks like Boston and DC and everywhere else you went was fun. I wanna go where everybody knows my name..... :)

    ReplyDelete