Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Are you a dog person?


I will probably get murdered for this comment, but, I'm not a dog person.  Don't get me wrong, I like dogs. I think they're fun to play with, walk (occassionally), and pet. And sometimes they're good at obeying commands. But I don't want a dog as a pet. I prefer cats. Endearing characteristics to me are they don't put their muddy paws up on you, they bury their own poop outside, they clean themselves, they're quiet, and if you don't want to play with cats, they are perfectly okay with that.

Jeremy has a dog. I knew this going into our marriage. He knew that I liked cats. His dog stayed at his brother's instead of coming to our house. I've had many a guilty moment for doing this to the two of them, but not enough to change the situation, I suppose.

This last weekend Jeremy's brother was out of town and Jeremy's dog and the brother's puppy came to stay with us. Jeremy's dog dug under the fence and the puppy ran away.  We found the puppy, luckily, I guess. After that, they stayed leashed up outside. Jeremy decided that his dog Gwen could come in the house if he cleaned off her paws first. I DO love her as an animal and as Jeremy's pet. She minds okay. I dealt with it. I took pictures.


.....I still don't think I want a dog as a pet.


2 comments:

  1. Ummm - that is a BIG dog. Maybe you could start with a really small dog, that is almost like a cat and work your way up.

    But look at those eyes - those big puppy dog eyes.

    And by the way - way cute couch! I think you should do a post about your furniture. I definitely would love to read all about it and see it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you!! I must say that my family's current dog is the cutest thing ever, but when I have my own place, I just don't think I want my own. I love pets, but they are a lot of work, especially dogs. Having a god is like having an infant... they sleep, eat, and whine to go outside. And you can't leave them home alone so you can go on vacation... :)

    ReplyDelete