Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New curtains and my AMAZING mom

Ever so slowly we add things to our house. Most recently I wanted to add curtains. I sewed one set of curtains for our living room and then, after the long hassle of it all, decided to buy them for the kitchen. Those horrid vertical blinds were previously hanging by the patio door. They were long overdue for removal. My mom and I bought some curtains. The curtains were too long for where we mounted rod. We had already made many adjustments (primary hanging to see if we liked it, previous sewing to make it shorter, ironing). My mom REALLY didn't want to take the curtains off the hooks all over again when we discovered that they were still just a little too long. We had previously discussed unhooking them another day and doing the hemming then, but then I turned around and saw my mom had decided differently. She had set up the sewing machine by the curtains/door and just hemmed them at the bottom, hooked on and all.  I laughed and laughed. I was told not to laugh so much so I didn't make my mom and laugh and mess up. I still laughed some more. I ran for the camera to document the funniness of the event.  Even though you weren't there in the moment, I hope you see at least some of the humor of this that I did.




3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your mom!
    So delightful and so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! She sure has a knack for efficiency. I love her "roll up your sleeves and get it done" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'd love to see the updates to your place next time we're out.

    ReplyDelete