Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cruisin'

I've been putting posting off. Of anything and everything. I'm lacking motivation. So here is my lacked-motivation-post. 

Cruisin' in the Caribbean 2010! The adventure was more fun than the pictures portray! (We went with Jeremy's brother and his wife, Larry and Stephanie respectively. You may see them in pictures too.)

Here I am upon departure. I know I look excited.


Jeremy looks a little more excited at least. Though the smile is probably just to humor me and the camera.


I don't swim on ships. It must be a disease. Symptoms? Two cruises I have been on. Two cruises I have failed to don a bathing suit and take a dip in the swimming pools on board. (Neither did I get in with other clothes on nor nude.)  I'm sure it's a fun part of the trip. Especially when they have a water slide! We meant to go. Best of intentions. All thought, no action. Here's a picture of the possibility that could have been.


But I did participate in many cruise ship adventures besides swimming. This was a dance class. I danced with Larry while Jeremy and Stephanie sat in the audience and watched. Pretty lame of them right? :)


I tried sushi for my first time. It was free. (Well, besides the cost of the cruise itself.) I'll try a lot of things when it's free. It's hard to pass up such a great deal! One of the three I tried was okay. Oh wait, hold up, I tried two of them. One of them was okay. I know I said I'd try free things, but one of those was gross enough looking at it that eating it wasn't an option.


Another food I was willing to try based on it's "free-ness." Escargot. We got two plates for our table in the dining room. Might as well, right?
Verdict--The butter/garlic sauce they drench it in is fine. It's the rubberiness of the creepy crawling thing that really does me in. Thank goodness I will not be having a craving for this expensive dish at a later time when it's not free.


Pineapple Fanta. Jeremy claims it is the best. Made with that real sugary (or Lesli, "surgar--Rrrr matey!") goodness, not our imitation grossness of high fructose corn syrup. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference, but Jeremy loved it and that's what matters, which is why I let him drink half of mine. Aren't I a good, thoughtful wife? ;)


We went snorkeling a lot. That's all Larry wanted to do. Well, that and eat. I don't currently have any of us snorkeling so you'll have to miss out on seeing our first stop in the Cayman Islands. We snorkeled 3 out of 4 ports. Our second stop was Cozumel, Mexico. We swam with the dolphins! What an exciting, once in a lifetime adventure! Sorry we didn't pay the $30 per picture or the $70 DVD price to show you proof of us in the water with the dolphins. Here's a picture I took before we went in. It's all you'll get. After we were done, we went snorkeling in that water on the other side of those rocks.



Our ship. Larry would say over and over how blue the water was. We would tease him. A lot. But it was true. It was....or is. (Oh, and Jeremy didn't really want to have his picture taken with the boat, but I made him because it makes it oh so much more interesting. Don't you think? Be sure to tell him that.)


Roatan, Honduras. My favorite stop!


We went here...


for some more snorkeling, of course.  The water, once again, was very blue, but clearer here than other places. The beach was such a white sand. We saw SO MANY FISH!! We even saw a barracuda in two snorkeling stops.


Last stop was Belize visiting Xunantunich. I've always wanted to go to Mayan Ruins so this was cool. Of course, since it is something I've always wanted to do, this is where I got sick. I must have been seriously dehydrated. I managed to down 2 1/2 bottles of water to keep from passing out so I could make it through the ruins. I did it! I traded Jeremy the camera for his bottle of water, so most pictures at this stop were taken by him.




 (one of those bottles of water)


This is one view from on top. That's Guatemala over there in the distance. Too bad they don't have a sign marking it, but I guess I can still say I've seen the country.


Of course we were greeted every night by a new towel animal. We figured this had to be the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. Anyone else have a guess?


And, of course, I'm a sucker for sunsets, so here are a few, including one of our group taken by someone else who didn't know how to use my P&S camera so you can see us, but not the sunset.





There you have it! In all it's "basic-ness". Can't wait for the next one (cruise). But to where will it be?

Hmmm........

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like fun!
    I think your towel man looks like a Samurai Warrior!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. That water looks so crystal clear. Jeremy didn't do 1/2 bad with the camera. Definitely not up to your level, but a decent wingman nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete