Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Wedding Day/In it for the Long Run Continued

I was talking with Miquen's mom, Barb (my sister-in-law) after doing the pre-wedding wedding pictures. I told her I'd take my camera to the temple and take a few photos on the wedding day, in addition to whatever their photographer was going to do. She told me they didn't have a photographer and were just going to rely on the pictures that everyone took that day. I was flabbergasted (don't you love using that word?). How do you not have a photographer on your wedding day? I knew we had captured a lot of good images for them already, but the day is THE day, and you've got to document that too. I quickly volunteered to head it up.

I got to attend the temple ceremony at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and then went outside to wait for the couple to emerge.





 It was a super sunny, bright day, but the best place for large groups was on the stairs. (Find me in the first picture! I brought my tripod and used the timer figuring I could be in the picture too.)


The boys have a slight addiction. Now it's Miquen's problem too ;)





Both sets of parents thought they were so clever to stand in the background. Not exactly what I had planned, but a nice sentimental acknowledgement.



Last of all, here are some pictures of reception details, family members missed at the temple, and some of those main activities that go on at receptions.











Fun sparklers are lit so the couple could exit the building between two rows of them, but they took too long getting out and few were left by the time they exited.


 Their wedding favors. Honey. Extracted by Kip and Miquen themselves.



That's a wrap!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, great pictures! But, I had a hard time finding you. All I saw was a short little girl standing next to Jeremy;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures...We may be down for Thanksgiving, if the weather is not scary with snow and stuff...would you be willing to do Family Pictures for us?

    ReplyDelete